2020 State Legislation Priorities
Senate Bill 57
Bill to fund low-cost spay/neuter services with pet food manufacturer fees
Updates & Status:
- 1/31/20: Passed the Senate Public Affairs Committee (5-1 vote)
- 2/13/20: Passed the Senate Finance Committee (7-4 vote)
- 2/15/20: Passed the full Senate (27-14 vote)
- 2/17/20: Passed the House Consumer & Public Affairs Committee (4-1 vote)
- 2/19/20: Passed the full House of Representatives (39-22 vote)
- 3/6/20: Signed into law by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham!
Other State Animal Protection Legislation
Senate Bill 33: Study Funding of Nongame Species Conservation – Read the bill »
- 1/28/20: Passed the Senate Conservation Committee (6-3 vote)
- Sadly, the appropriation was not included in the annual budget.
Senate Bill 75: Wildlife Trafficking Act – Read the bill »
- 1/30/20: Passed the Senate Conservation Committee (6-3 vote)
- 2/3/20: Passed the Senate Judiciary Committee (7-1 vote)
- 2/8/20: Passed the Senate (22-9 vote)
- 2/15/20: Passed the House Judiciary Committee (10-2 vote)
- 2/18/20: Passed the full House of Representatives (42-22 vote)
- 3/9/20: Signed into law by the Governor
Looking for legislation from years past? View our bill archive.